(324) Coconut Water vs H1N1
Young Green Coconut Water can prevent H1N1.
Please take young green coconut water daily. Former Associate Professor of Ecology at Universiti Malaya has authored several books on complementary therapy called, 'Ecological Healing System'. Dr Palaniappan said his 33 years of research had shown that high acidity in the body resulted in loss of immunity, thus making people more susceptible to viral diseases like Influenza A (H1N1). Hence, to prevent acidity, it was essential to consume alkaline food and drinks that could neutralise excess acid in the body.
Dr Palaniappan recommends coconut water, which is alkaline, and therefore could be used as a herbal medicine for the prevention of H1N1. For example, he said, those who felt feverish and developed a burning sensation while attending to a call of nature because of extreme acidity, could neutralise it by drinking coconut water, twice a day, for three days. He also recommended orange, lemon and pomelo which, despite containing citric acid, were very rich in potassium and therefore, would not disturb the body's immunity.
According to Dr Palaniappan, excessive physical activity like running a marathon should be avoided as it produced acid due to excessive metabolic activity. Similarly, he said, keeping late nights without adequate sleep and working without proper rest could also increase the body's acidity which in turn, lowered immunity and made the body vulnerable to viral attacks.
Dr Palaniappan' s blog:
1) Coconut water when administered orally stops all kinds of adverse drug reactions.
2) In many cases, it is used in the treatment of damages caused by inappropriate administration of anti-microbial agents,
3) Coconut water is germ free (pyrogen free: a substance that causes fever, especially a substance introduced into somebody's bloodstream) and as such naturally balanced with electrolytic substances like sodium, potassium, magnesium etc. this property makes it a good substitute for saline-glucose: a solution of common salt sodium chloride and distilled water, especially one having the same concentration as body fluids.
4) The oral intake of coconut water helps in breaking down and eliminating all forms of kidney and bladder stones, one health benefit that is low cost effective, and can save thousand of dollars that would have been put out for medical bills.
5) Coconut water have been found very useful as a natural oral re-hydration therapy (ORT) , because of its isotonic properties (balanced concentration of salts and minerals: specially formulated to supply the body's chemical needs in situations in which minerals and fluids are used up by the body, e.g. during vigorous exercise-Encarta) , and electrolytic properties.
6) It is on record that coconut water if taken during feverish conditions reduces fever, it is also known to calm nervous and emotional imbalances.
7) Taking coconut water regularly aids in flushing the liver, since it contains lauric acid (a crystalline fatty acid. Source: coconut, laurel oils) which gives it anti-microbial properties and makes it suitable for treatment of some liver ailments like hepatitis, H1N1, Influenza virus...
8) It is known by many experts that coconut water contains the following supplements needed to sustain life: - glucose: which acts as sugar for energy in the body when taken
- vitamin Bs: for replenishment of worn out cells and tissues
- vitamin C: to shield the body form ailments like scurvy